Description: With the help of volunteers, East Side Elders provides free rides for seniors to medical appointments, grocery stores, hair appointments, and other errands. As our program expands to serve more and more seniors, we need to add to our team of volunteer drivers. Mileage and parking fees can be reimbursed! This volunteer position is also a great opportunity to make a friendly connection with seniors who may feel isolated from the community.
About Us: East Side Elders helps our seniors live full and rewarding lives — in the home and community they want — for as long as possible and as healthy and well as possible. Our teams of volunteers, students and community members provide a wide range of services and activities that give the necessary support and resources to our elderly neighbors wherever they call home.
Hours: Flexible. Our greatest need is for volunteers who can provide rides weekdays in the mornings and afternoons.
· Must pass a background check
- Able to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds in a caring, courteous manner
- Must provide proof of a valid driver’s license and insurance
- Volunteer drivers must have their own vehicle to use for providing rides
- Gain experience working with seniors and people dedicated to helping seniors
- Make a difference in the lives of seniors in the community
463 Maria Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55106
Applications can be filled out online: