You’ll encounter the following lane and ramp closures over the next week in the project area:
Beginning Thu, June 22Lane closure
Starting at 9 a.m. on Thu, June 22, the right lane on northbound Hwy 120/Century Ave. will be closed from just south of I-94 to 3M/Innovation Rd. for approximately three weeks. This closure is needed to provide enough work space for crews to construct the trail on the east side of the road.
Beginning Fri, June 23Lane closure
The right lane (local access lane) and all ramps on westbound I-94 between Hwy 120/Century Ave. and Mounds Blvd. will be closed through 5 a.m. Sat, June 24. During this time, all westbound I-94 traffic will be routed to the far left lane (thru access lane). Once these closures are lifted, most ramps will reopen and motorists will have three travel lanes on westbound I-94.
The following westbound I-94 entrance/exit ramps will be closed through August 2017, unless otherwise noted. These closures are necessary to maintain a safe traffic flow on I-94 during construction.
- Hudson Rd. to westbound I-94 (the far east entrance ramp in front of 3M)
- White Bear Ave. to westbound I-94. This closure will be in place through fall 2017.
Beginning Thu, June 29
The right lane (local access lane) and all ramps on eastbound I-94 between Mounds Blvd. and Hwy 120/Century Ave. will be closed beginning at 9 p.m. Thu, June 29 through 5 a.m. the following morning, Fri, June 30. During this time, eastbound I-94 between St. Paul and Maplewood will be reduced to a single lane of traffic. After these closures are lifted, most ramps will reopen and eastbound I-94 will be set up in the traffic pattern that will be in place through August 2017.
The following eastbound I-94 entrance/exit ramps are currently closed and will remain closed through fall 2017:
- McKnight Rd. to eastbound I-94
- NB/SB Hwy 61 to eastbound I-94
- Drivers exiting within the 5-mile project area between Mounds Blvd. and Hwy 120/Century Ave. should stay in the right lane and follow the “local access, stay right” signs.
- Drivers traveling beyond Hwy 120/Century Ave. should remain in the left lanes and follow the “through traffic, stay left” signs.
Watch this brief video before you drive.
Thank you in advance for your patience.
Closure durations and time frames are all approximate and weather dependent.