If there’s a rain delay, the construction team will complete the traffic switch the following morning, Fri, Aug. 18 between 12:01 a.m. and 5 a.m.
Here’s the full list of upcoming ramp impacts:
- EB I-94 to White Bear Ave.
- EB I-94 to NB McKnight Rd.
- EB I-94 to SB McKnight Rd.
- Burns Ave. to EB I-94 (McKnight ramp) - This ramp will be reduced to a single lane of traffic
- Hudson Pl. to EB I-94 (McKnight ramp)
- EB I-94 to SB Hwy 61
- Detour: EB I-94 to SB Hwy 52 to EB I-494 to SB Hwy 61
- Etna St. to SB Hwy 61
- Detour: 3rd St. E. to Johnson Pkwy to Burns Ave. to SB Hwy 61
- White Bear Ave. to EB I-94
- Detour: White Bear Ave. to Burns Ave. to NB Hwy 61 to EB I-94
- EB I-94 to Ruth St.
- Detour: SB McKnight Rd. to Burns Ave. to Ruth St.
- EB I-94 to Hwy 120/Century Ave.
- Detour: EB I-94 to NB I-694 to WB I-94 to Century Ave.
Access to eastbound I-94 from downtown St. PaulThe ramp from Mounds Blvd. to eastbound I-94 is now temporarily closed. However, motorists in and near downtown St. Paul still have several options to get onto eastbound I-94:
- 11th St. to EB I-94
- Broadway St. to EB I-94
- Jackson St. to Shepard Rd/Warner Rd. to NB Hwy 61 to EB I-94
Look for signs directing you to eastbound I-94.
Closure durations and time frames are all approximate and weather dependent.
Do you have construction work fatigue?Most of us have been travelling through construction zones to get to our destinations since early spring. Those orange zones may now seem like they’re a normal part of the landscape, but they should be a reminder to slow down and pay attention.
Please drive safely through all construction zones and detour routes, and watch for bicyclists and pedestrians in residential and recreational areas.