New Neighbors - Welcome!
Welcome to the neighborhoods of District 1 and our beautiful corner of Saint Paul. We are part of the greater Eastside area of St. Paul and have a rich and interesting history. You'll soon learn about Eastside pride and find that once people move here they are often here to stay.
This website can provide you with information about the District Council and what we do. We may be able to put you in touch with your neighbors who have formed a block club and we can provide you with information about recycling. We have recycling bags for neighbors in apartments at our office, and information about environmental issues for everyone. See our Contact page for address, phone numbers and a map.
On the Resources section of this website, we have a list of post offices, faith organizations, schools, the library and recreational centers. If you have specific questions, they might be addressed on our FAQS page.
The City of Saint Paul launched a new citywide coordinated garbage collection program. All residents and neighborhoods benefit from:
- C - Consistent, quality, standard service options and uniform pricing.
- L - Livability in the city will improve with efficient and equitable garbage services.
- E - Environmental benefits such as reduced noise pollution and illegal dumping, as well as less wear on streets and alleys.
- A - Access to quality garbage service for every household with expanded service, including bulky item and electronic waste collection.
- N - Neighborhoods will be safer with reduced traffic levels on streets and alleys.
Our neighborhoods have a lot to offer and being involved in organizations like the District Council is a great way to meet people and invest in your community. We hope to see you at our monthly board meetings and community events.
District 1 Staff and Board