Welcome to the District 1 Youth Page!
Seeking Members - Youth Advisory Group
District 1 Community Council (D1CC) is seeking to understand the Out-of-School Time needs for children and youth in our district. We will be gathering feedback through community engagement activities (surveys, discussions, community gatherings and focus groups) in order to inform the District’s goals for high-quality youth programs.
The Youth Advisory Group will be made up of adults and youth from D1CC who represent the broader D1 community. The committee will meet six times and will help inform the development of the community survey and outreach. Adults are volunteers and youth should be between the ages of 12-20 and are eligible to receive a small stipend and/or transportation assistance. The group will have more youth than adult members.
Members should be D1CC stakeholders who can help spread the word about the research project, and can encourage participation by children, youth and families.
● Understand that their role is representative of the needs of the greater D1CC community-beyond their own family/organization/school.
● Serve as a resource by providing input and contact details for local organizations, groups, and individuals.
● Share their personal knowledge and experience in the community with the staff and consultant.
● Attend at least one of the two community meetings that will be held to gather input or share findings.
● Understand that the purpose of the study is not to create a program or project, but to gather data that can inform decisions being made about D1CC needs through data.
● Commit to attending all six meetings over the next 9 months.
Please complete the application through the link below, and submit it online, or print a copy and return it to Betsy Mowry Voss at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Advisory Group Application:
The District 1 Community Council is intentional about empowering the youth in District 1 to take leadership roles on issues, activities, and decision making in their neighborhoods.
Projects Youth developed and worked on:
"Your Vote is Your Voice" music video
Paid Opportunity for Young People ages (15-24)
Youth Project Internship - Hired as soon as possible (2 positions)
District 1 Community Council (D1CC) is seeking to understand the needs for youth programs in our district. We will be gathering feedback through community activities that will collect info from the community in order to inform the District’s goals for high-quality youth programs.
District 1 Community Council is seeking to fill two youth internships to support the planning process for youth programs and needs in D1CC. The Youth Project Interns will support the work of the independent consultant and November 2018 – June 2019. Youth Project Interns will receive payment/stipend (about $100/month). This internship will be approx 50 hours.
Youth Project Interns will:
Please complete a copy of the application can be found on our website at District1council.org or copies can be picked up at our office at 2105 ½ Old Hudson Road, St. Paul, MN 55119 (Sun Ray). Applicants may also submit a resume with their application.
District 1 Community Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, contact Shaquonna Jackson at 651-578-7400 or email@example.com.